Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Despite the enormous potential of the weapon platforms, they proved of little use through most of the remainder of the war. Although information on the Cardassian military's assessment of their performance at Chin'toka is unknown, it seems apparent that the design flaw was severe enough to delay the deployment of additional platforms for at least a year. No other networks were encountered by the allies until the Battle of Cardassia..."
This seems like assumption. We didn't see any other Allied assaults on major Cardassian planets between "Tears of the Prophets" and "What You Leave Behind", so how can we say the weapons platforms weren't deployed elsewhere? Maybe the Cardassians installed a power generator in each one and put them up in smaller numbers. -- Kingfisher 02:19, 27 April 2007 (UTC)
- Here are some idea's how that flaw may have been fixed too allow there continued use:
- They may have moved the power generator's onto the planet's surface.
- They may have had better attack, defense & targeting program's installed.
- They may have increased the amount of generators in the battle field to decrease the chances of a power failure.
- They may have upgraded the asteroids to be equipped with Torpedo's & Phasers/Polaron beams. -- Awar 13:49, 27 April 2007 (UTC).
Weak Alliance Shields? Edit
Is it me or does it seem the Alliance shields (Fed, Klingon, Romulan) seem extremely weak to the weapon platform's disruptors? It seems they are able to penetrate full shields with just one beam and go through the hull as well. One blasted through the hull of the USS Galaxy with one burst. Perhaps they are more powerful versions of the Galor type? And ofc the Defiant took a ton more beating the the other ships out there. I think I can call this some "balance issues". The weapon platforms being destroyed with a couple of shots makes sense, they are small and "weak" defensively without their shields. But blasting through Romulan warships, Galaxy classes with one or two shots? Surely their shields can hold more than 2 shots... Vekspec 22:13, April 20, 2011 (UTC)