Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Forum:Children on a starship?Edit
We could use an article about children, babies, and infancy, though I'm not sure what would be the best title. Thoughts? -- StAkAr Karnak 12:58, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- Ugly... Ugly... Midgets... Bags of Mostly Water.... --OuroborosCobra talk 13:13, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- Something similar could be useful, is there not some sort of "life cycle" page somewhere? If so, this information would make sense to tie into that. -- Sulfur 13:14, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- Look at it from another direction: don't choose a title and then write stuff about it - instead, collect the stuff you think needs to be added somewhere and then find the best article for that. ;)
- If it is information about a specific child, add it to the character article. If it is about childhood of a specific species, add it to the species article. If it is a list of babies/children, create Babies/Infants/Children (plural term = list article). If it is something else, describe it in more detail so that we know what exactly we're talking about... :) -- Cid Highwind 13:30, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
I think everything could be covered by three articles: pregnancy, youth, and aging. A lot of the stuff likely exists already on specific species/episodes pages, but it'll be nice to have focused articles on these subjects.
Question: how can a pregnancy article cover species who lay eggs? Is there an accessible term to cover pregnancy & egg-laying? Gestation? On another note, when did OC start trolling?! -- StAkAr Karnak 16:52, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- I was not trolling. I left what I thought was a funny joke. --OuroborosCobra talk 17:18, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- This seems like a good idea. There weren't too many good examples in TOS. However, they come up a lot in TNG in the starting of the series, and later on with Keiko's school on DS9. Cheers. SepticShrimp 07:39, 31 October 2006 (UTC)
- As much as id LOVE to forget about the children on trek (remembering the bad plot arks and awful acting, along with the adults treating all children, even teens like they were 3 years old... it is making me physically sick), it is something that should be touched on. though the biological processes of pregnancy and such should be on an individual species article page. --Six of Six Talk Ω 08:48, 31 October 2006 (UTC)