Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Moved from articleEdit
- This is due to several dialogue made by several officers in the movie, including James T. Kirk and Hikaru Sulu. At one point, Sulu mentioned that the USS Reliant is "now in our section of this quadrant". Before TNG, the term quadrant was used loosely. To facilitate post-TNG continuity of the term quadrant, the Mutara sector is now located on the borders of the two quadrants.
Even all our policies about "speculation" aside, I don't think that this can be concluded from the cited dialogue. If the ship is in our section of this quadrant now, it was in another section of this quadrant before, not necessarily in a different quadrant. -- Cid Highwind 10:45, 5 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Well, another example is when Kirk told Spock that they're the only ship in the quadrant. We dont know which quadrant the Enterprise was in when he said that. Emerald Knight 10:57, 5 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Plus, I cited the Sulu example because it was the way he said it, he emphasized "this", which IMO, implied a different quadrant Emerald Knight 11:03, 5 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- As an addendum, the Beta Quadrant article lists the Genesis planet and mutara nebula in the Beta quadrant
Many of the links to Alpha and Beta Quadrant need to be checked... -- Cid Highwind 14:16, 5 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Stellar objects Edit
This just occurred to me, where was it ever explicitly said that either Ceti Alpha V or the Mutara system (though in that case it might be a no-brainer) are located in the Mutara sector? I searched the transcripts, but I can't seem to find confirmation. A graphic perhaps? -- Capricorn 20:48, May 29, 2011 (UTC)
- bump - Also, Gamma 400 system mentions that that system (and thus also Starbase 12) is located in the Mutara sector, but again I can't find any proof. Would be nice if someone could clear this up. -- Capricorn 11:01, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
This is speculation. If there is some canonical reference with this particular sector connected to these location there can be a bgnote, but no speculations about what might perhaps be. --Pseudohuman (talk) 15:00, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
Further locations which might be located in the Mutara sector Edit
- Note: Although it has not been clearly said on screen that any of these locations are within the Mutara sector, canon references at least indicate their vicinity to it.