miniature laser Edit
I've just spent the last 15 minutes trying to find *some* star trek reference to a miniature laser, are we sure there is one? Google hasn't been much help either--Commodore Spock 22:55, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- I added it because it's listed under references in the episode "The Terratin Incident". I'm not sure how it was referenced.--Tim Thomason 22:58, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
I'm hoping to change that article from a redlink to a stub, only I don't have the slightest idea what a miniature laser is--Commodore Spock 23:02, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- Apparently, there were alot of laser references in that episode (bone-knitting laser, microscope laser). Someone who has the TAS DVDs will have to check it out, but unfortunately I don't have them.--Tim Thomason 23:08, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- Actually, the miniature laser is the same thing as the microscope laser. --Alan del Beccio 23:16, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- * Chapel: "Oh, if only we could use our bone-knitting laser. Dr. McCoy. That microscope laser, the one designed to heal the middle ear, wouldn't it work here?"
- * McCoy: "It's certainly worth a try."
- * Chapel: "It's in the lab shelf supplies. I'll get it."
- Later, after she retrieved it and was rescued by Kirk after falling into the fish tank.
- * Chapel: "...but I've also got the miniature laser."
- McCoy then using the device.
- * McCoy: "How is it, Sulu?"
- * Sulu: "I can feel it knitting, sir."
- Okay, based on the dialog they would seem the same, but going through my caps, it would appear it is a component, like a lens to focus the laser microscope or something. --Alan del Beccio 23:28, 24 March 2007 (UTC)