Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
miniature laser Edit
I've just spent the last 15 minutes trying to find *some* star trek reference to a miniature laser, are we sure there is one? Google hasn't been much help either--Commodore Spock 22:55, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- I added it because it's listed under references in the episode "The Terratin Incident". I'm not sure how it was referenced.--Tim Thomason 22:58, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
I'm hoping to change that article from a redlink to a stub, only I don't have the slightest idea what a miniature laser is--Commodore Spock 23:02, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- Apparently, there were alot of laser references in that episode (bone-knitting laser, microscope laser). Someone who has the TAS DVDs will have to check it out, but unfortunately I don't have them.--Tim Thomason 23:08, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- Actually, the miniature laser is the same thing as the microscope laser. --Alan del Beccio 23:16, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- * Chapel: "Oh, if only we could use our bone-knitting laser. Dr. McCoy. That microscope laser, the one designed to heal the middle ear, wouldn't it work here?"
- * McCoy: "It's certainly worth a try."
- * Chapel: "It's in the lab shelf supplies. I'll get it."
- Later, after she retrieved it and was rescued by Kirk after falling into the fish tank.
- * Chapel: "...but I've also got the miniature laser."
- McCoy then using the device.
- * McCoy: "How is it, Sulu?"
- * Sulu: "I can feel it knitting, sir."
- Okay, based on the dialog they would seem the same, but going through my caps, it would appear it is a component, like a lens to focus the laser microscope or something. --Alan del Beccio 23:28, 24 March 2007 (UTC)