Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Is she Vulcan?Edit
Looks like a Vulcan name, and I see Vulcan ears. We might want to add the category : vulcans to this. If it looks like a vulcan, sounds like a vulcan, thinks like a vulcan, and most importantly, HAS VULCAN EARS, it must be a Vulcan. 22.214.171.124 01:26, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- "looks like a vulcan"? Her hair isn't black or straight and her eyebrows aren't recurved. "sounds like a vulcan"? In what way even? Sounds pretty generic to me. "thinks like a vulcan"? The only time we ever got any idea how she thinks was when she was trying to be persuasive. Anybody can be logical when they're trying to persuade. "most importantly, HAS VULCAN EARS"? Those aren't vulcan ears. --TribbleFurSuit 04:05, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- Although it sounds nice I definitly cannot support this statement. Why should a Vulcan work as a dabo girl? I remember her laughing in several episodes and very emotional in episodes such as "The Dogs of War". – Tom 06:31, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
She's named as M'Pella in "In the Pale Moonlight"; is the name used in any other episodes? If this is the only on-screen use of her name, it would be worth mentioning in the article. —Josiah Rowe 02:31, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
- According to the script and transcript of "The Dogs of War", she is referred to by name in that episode as well.  :
- QUARK: "This establishment will be them last outpost of what made Ferenginar great -- the unrelenting lust for profit. Broik -- water the drinks! M'Pella -- rig the dabo table!"– Cleanse ( talk | contribs ) 02:40, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
Would it then be appropriate to add a note saying that the character was first named in "In the Pale Moonlight"? (I'm fairly sure she wasn't named before then.) —Josiah Rowe 03:07, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't see why not. If it's wrong, someone will come along and fix it. ;-) – Cleanse ( talk | contribs ) 03:22, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
Fair enough. :) —Josiah Rowe 04:45, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
Is M'Pella not said to be an El-Aurian in some novels, she does seem to do a lot of listening and I'm sure I read a book where that was stated if so it should be noted as Apocrypha. (however it may be that it was another dabo girl in English I read some DS:9 book to practice German) I think her ears looking pointed was just the way her hair was in one episode in "One Little Ship" they were clearly not pointed. Lt.Lovett (talk) 14:38, January 7, 2014 (UTC)