Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Battle of Veridian IIIEdit
The Battle of Veridian III is on this list of military conflicts. Should it be? This is a list of conflicts that the Klingon Defense Force was involved in, right? If this list is just a list of conflicts any Klingons have been in, than the list should not be in this article. If it is only conflicts the Klingon Defense Force was involved in, then the Battle of Veridian III does not belong. After all, the Duras Sisters were renegades, and certainly not members of the defense force. --OuroborosCobra 10:44, 13 June 2006 (UTC)
- Well, 12 days on, no opposition to its removal, so say bye bye to Veridian III from this list. --OuroborosCobra 22:02, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
How many times is this referenced specifically? I mean, we might need to make this article reflect over the base canonical facts and have a accurate entry for the Klingon military to cover every case not explicitly said to be part of the KDF. --Golden Monkey 15:57, February 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I think it is referenced enough times where we can say it is the actual name of the organization. Off the top of my head, though, I think Kurn said it, and Sisko said it when he assigned Worf to the Rotarran. In the case of the Romulan and Cardie organizations, they only used the name once.--31dot 17:01, February 28, 2010 (UTC)
- If we carried that argument forward, the Starfleet article would only include instances where the word Starfleet was used. If it is used often enough, it doesn't need to be used every time.--31dot 17:04, February 28, 2010 (UTC)
- It was used at least four times, including the two 31dot mentioned:
- KURN: "I am Kurn, commander rank, Klingon Defense Force." "Sins of the Father"
- ODO: "Your brother has had an...interesting career with the Klingon Defense Forces, Mister Worf." "Sons of Mogh"
- SISKO to Worf: "As of this moment you will be relieved of all Starfleet obligations and will be placed on detached service to the Imperial Klingon Defense Forces." "Soldiers of the Empire"
- SISKO to Worf and Martok: "Gentlemen, this mission cannot succeed without the involvement of the Klingon Defense Forces." "Favor the Bold"