Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From Talk:James Louis Watkins Edit
In a german fan book which features many Star Trek birthdays his birth date is given as 7 November 1944. But I cannot find any proof for this date. Can anyone confirm? – Tom 20:34, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
Master of Horrors appearance Edit
James Watkins recently had a cameo in the Showtime Series Master of Horrors:Deer Woman...where he played a police chief (Funny....I didn't see his name on the credits), but it was him!....thanks – The preceding unsigned comment was added by Stephenfwilliams (talk • contribs).
- The police chief in that episode was played by Julian Christopher. Sorry to disappoint. :( UPDATE: Here's a pic of Julian Christopher in X-Men: The Last Stand. I can see some resemblance, but, as can clearly be seen, they are two different people. :) --From Andoria with Love 03:40, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
I noticed in the Actors bios...that James Watkins film credits ended in 1989...the same year that Julian Christopher's begin...could they be 'one and the same'.....sure he looks 'alittle' older....maybe I'm wrong, but could we be talk'n name change here....could someone find that out for me.....just curious.....Watch the 1976 Flick JD's Revenge (the Jealous cop ex-husband)....then watch Deer Woman....and tell that they're not 'one and the same)Stephenfwilliams 04:31, 9 February 2009 (UTC) Stephenfwilliams
- My friend, you are absolutely correct. I just looked at Mr. Christopher's resume at NowCasting, which you can find here. He has listed credits which belong to both James Louis Watkins and Julian Christopher. So they do, indeed, appear to be one and the same. --From Andoria with Love 06:21, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- I have merged the page for Watkins with the page for Christopher. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :) --From Andoria with Love 06:31, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
Shouldn't this article be named James Louis Watkins? His first Trek role was in TNG where he went by this name. – Tom 12:10, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- ...and we should have him listed under his last credited name, soo.... --Alan 13:14, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- As Alan said, it goes by the last name he was credited as in a Trek production, which in this case was Julian Christopher. :) --From Andoria with Love 15:38, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
And the last credited name because...? – Tom 20:31, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- Well, because that was the last name he was credited as. That's just how we've always done it. Same reason we have Roxann Dawson at Roxann Dawson and not Roxann Biggs-Dawson. :-D Also, in this case, Julian Christopher no longer goes by the name of James Watkins, and hasn't since 1989. It's about being up-to-date, I suppose. :) --From Andoria with Love 00:00, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- That would be the most logical selection I would have gone with. --Alan 00:03, 10 February 2009 (UTC)