The only three citable references.--Alan 00:55, 6 July 2007 (UTC)

I'm assuming you meant Star Trek: First Contact, not Star Trek: Insurrection. :) --From Andoria with Love 17:15, 23 March 2008 (UTC)

Done --Alan 00:47, 28 June 2008 (UTC)

Uncited info Edit

I have removed the following uncited information from the article. If anyone can find a valid, canon source for the info, it should be re-added; if it comes from the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual or a similar reference, it should be added as background info. I've looked through the Tech Manual, though, and can find no reference to an intermix chamber. --From Andoria with Love 17:33, 23 March 2008 (UTC) which the mutual annihilation of matter and antimatter fuels occurs in order to generate energy for starship propulsion and other ship systems. The intermix chamber contains a dilithium crystal matrix which governs the reaction and channels the resultant energy into plasma conduits for conditioning and transmission to other areas of the starship.
The intermix chamber is usually the portion of a warp core that is accessible from main engineering, often characterized by a bulge in the otherwise cylindrical form of the core and an access hatch for servicing the dilithium crystals. Depending on the design of the warp core, primary plasma conduits may or may not be visibly attached to the intermix chamber in main engineering.
Apparently someone confused an "Intermix chamber" to be synonymous to a "matter/antimatter reaction chamber", which it might be, but that is irrelevant as it has not been established as such anywhere. I added all the viable bg stuff from Mr. Scotts Guide. --Pseudohuman 02:15, 28 June 2008 (UTC)

Uncertain references Edit

I just want to note upon doing some reference material checking that the big bulge where the dilithium crystals go and matter and antimatter fuse together from TNG onwards was called the "matter/antimatter reaction chamber" (page 59) or "matter/antimatter reaction core chamber" (page 48) or just abbreviated down to "reaction chamber" in the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual and what the Manual calls the "housing for the dilithium crystal articulation frame" within the chamber or abbreviated down to "dilithium housing" (page 59) is called the "primary intermix unit/dilithium crystal housing" in the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Journal (page 56). All this is too uncertain though to link to "intermix chamber" on the article. --Pseudohuman 07:07, 1 July 2008 (UTC)