- MA files from this episode (21)
- Template:Titles/In Purgatory's Shadow yields In Purgatory's Shadow (DS9 5x14)
For general discussion on this episode, visit the DS9 forum at The Trek BBS.
Odo back to gelatinous state? Edit
What's the deal with the dialog at the beginning of this episode? Odo should still be solid, yet they talk as if he'd be a changeling again? When that this change? I can't see any explanation neither in this article nor the article about Odo. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) at 10:22, July 3, 2016.
- His "morphogenic matrix" is restored by the infant changeling in "The Begotten", two episodes before this one. The Odo article actually does explain it:
- As it died in Odo's hands, it linked with Odo and restored his morphogenic matrix, allowing him to change form once again. This was done as a means of thanking its mentor for all that he had tried to do.
- So, this episode does not re-explain it, nor does this article. However, I will add a note to it to the Background Info section to remind people of the continuity. Jerodast (talk) 16:28, July 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Can you confirm it personally? Because that site is borderline crap as a credible source sometimes. --Alan del Beccio (talk) 00:43, March 7, 2017 (UTC)
I've just watched the scene. Bashir does say "It's good to see you, ___" but I'm not sure what the last word is. To me it sounds like Karin, but the subtitles say it's Cara. --NetSpiker (talk) 01:03, March 7, 2017 (UTC)
5 year old planetary survey report Edit
Maybe I'm overthinking this, but was the line about the transmission being a '5 year old planetary survey report' intended to be a clue (to the audience) that it was more than it seemed? I mean, 5 years old would place it in 2368, a full year BEFORE the wormhole was discovered, and I would think that anyone who had been watching the show on a regular basis would have picked up on that. If so, does that deserve mention in the 'continuity and trivia' section? Captain Spadaro (talk) 15:40, February 15, 2018 (UTC)