Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I've checked the episode script and noticed that the term "D'ridthau" is solely mentioned in the pronunciation guide. No hint whatsoever as to what or who "D'ridthau" is.--James Cody 17:11, 22 Dec 2004 (CET)
No evicence of class either, the name of the ship may be in script, but i cant find its class in the script. -HawkShark
I come with answers! The D'ridthau is mentioned as being the flagship in What You Leave Behind (novel). But since its mentioned in the script as well, I think its okay. -- Ben Sisko 23:35, 13 March 2006 (UTC)
- The D'ridthau was probably included in an early version of the script for "What You Leave Behind", else it wouldn't have made it into the novel. Due to the script reference it is - at best - a permitted resource that requires a non-canon citation. However, unless someone has something to indicate that it was D'deridex-class, or that the prefix IRW is appropriate those portions should be removed. Any ideas? Aholland 16:08, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
- My idea: We have the name of a ship that wasn't seen, wasn't heard of, wasn't displayed on any background screen. Accordingly, we don't know its class, its prefix or if it even "existed" at that point in time and canon Trek. What's left? A small background note saying that this might be the name of a Romulan ship that might have been somewhere in Bajoran space during DS9:WYLB.
- So... Why don't we just add that note to the background section of that episode instead, and keep this article title as a redirect there, just as we do for major characters of novels that we don't want to create separate articles for? It's not as if we desperately have to create articles for something we have nothing to say about... -- Cid Highwind 16:34, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
- Cid's suggestion seems quite logical. I can put a background note in the episode, but have no clue how to do a redirect. Aholland 16:41, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
- The BG in the episode on the ship has been inserted. Aholland 17:04, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
- And the redirect in place (after Cid thoughtfully showed me how). Aholland 17:12, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
- Another idea would be to create an entry in Unnamed Romulan starships and put a subsection about the "Romulan flagship" from that battle -- an comment that thescript at one point included the name "D'rdithau" -- Captain M.K.B. 00:22, 19 March 2006 (UTC)