Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- MA files from this episode (34) • MA remastered files from this episode (1)
- Template:Titles/Hero Worship yields Hero Worship (TNG 5x11)
For general discussion on this episode, visit the TNG forum at The Trek BBS.
During the scene where Data evaluates Timothy's model-in-progress of the Docharan temple, Timothy accidentally knocksover the highest tier of the model. As the pieces crash onto the table, Data shudders.
I'm thinking that, as an android, his reaction time should have been quick enough for him to have anticipated the crash and not be surprised by it.
Anyone want to speculate as to why Data might shudder on purpose here? Or, alternately, why the producers would have allowed a revealing mistake by Brent Spiner to slip into the scene? --Heath User:22.214.171.124 20:42, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
- Data has been known to emulate Human behaviour. I see no reason to believe anything different than that is happening here, at least from an in universe POV. --OuroborosCobra talk 22:24, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
Further issues Edit
- Data tells Timothy, "Androids do not lie." Yet in "Clues" he did just that the entire episode. Regardless of what deal he made with the Paxen aliens there, he still was lying in order to protect the Enterprise. And we don't even need to count how many times Lore lied; that's all he ever did.
- So "Androids do not lie" is itself a lie? Come on, Data was just trying to get the kid to tell the truth - not a real nitpick.
- Why did Geordi La Forge ask for Data's help after the captain told him to stay with Timothy? You would think there would be someone else in engineering that could do the work. It also didn't make sense how Data was being asked to do something from a lower ranking officer.
- See Second officer - Data was Science Officer and Geordi's equal-ranked peer first. Only on the bridge or in command situations is Data ranked higher. Starfleetjedi 04:14, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- Data refers to Geordi as "Lieutenant La Forge" even though he has been a lieutenant commander for about two and a half years at this point.
- Data finds fault about the temple Timothy was building. But after he build up the temple very fast and Timothy enters the room again after saying good-bye, the temple is neither perfect nor aesthetic - it's aslope and unsteady.--Reginald Barclay 10:02, 21 April 2007 (UTC)
- The transporter chief says something along the lines of "I just can't resolve the matter stream, not with all that Deuterium alloy in the way". The problem with this, which i don't think has been explained in the show, or any subsequent show, is that deuterium is an isotope of hydrogen, a non-metal. This is not really a major issue, just... a trekisum to coin a phrase. --6/6 Neural Transceiver 06:50, 21 June 2007 (UTC)