From the edit summary:
- Sulfur: the pic ain't great.
Yes. Also unnecessary, I think. What does this image tell us, apart from the very obvious fact that, yes, HD-DVD generally have some sort of cover? :) -- Cid Highwind 15:06, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
- I'd agree with you. Personally, I don't see the need for it, but wanted other opinion before just outright hosing it. :) -- Sulfur 16:25, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
HD Remastered Trek EnterpriseEdit
OK, For those who have seen the preview, and already made plans to get the HD DVD's for remastered Trek (like me), I thought we should address something. The DVD's will have an Enterprise Fly around, alowwing a user to fly around a digital model of the Enterprise and look at it from almost all angles. Now I was wondering that since this is official Paramount made "footage", whether screencaps from the fly-around can be considered cannon for uploading here. Especially for the fact that good images of the Enterprise 1701 are hard to come by in episodes.
I would hope that we could upload screencaps from the fly-around, because then we can get virually any angle for the Ship page.
I hope someone responds quickly about this. --Nmajmani 13:34, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
- IMO, any such 'footage' would have the same quasi-canonicity as the Star Trek: The Next Generation Interactive Technical Manual. Although officially licensed, it is a derivative work. -- Connor Cabal 15:00, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
- Correct. Also, I don't think we're especially short of Enterprise images... ;) -- Cid Highwind 18:46, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
OK then. Just wanted to confirm. Thanks to both of you wor a speedy response. --Nmajmani 19:08, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
Warner has announced that they're abandoning the HD-DVD format. Paramount was rumored to be doing the same, but yesterday, they denied it.  Should that be noted on the article page? Adambomb1701 18:44, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
- Not until there's confirmation. -- Sulfur 00:59, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
HD-DVD gone, how about Blu-Ray?Edit
Now that HD-DVD seems to have finally died, is there any word on TOS-R Season One getting released on Blu-Ray, and the other seasons going Blu-Ray instead of HD-DVD? --OuroborosCobra talk 23:36, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
- Paramount's announced that they're going Blu-Ray. Nothing beyond that. They're keeping their cards close to their chest at this point, and I'm betting that it'll take 'em at least a few weeks (if not longer) to announce anything. -- Sulfur 01:02, 22 February 2008 (UTC)
The name of the format was "HD DVD", not "HD-DVD". Shouldn't the article be moved to reflect that? Same for the "TOS Season 1 HD-DVD" article. TJ Spyke 14:57, September 4, 2010 (UTC)