Gint, not Gint Edit
that picture isnt really Gint; it is just quarks dream of gint. thereore, I would like to suggest we remove it from the article... StoryMaster 20:12, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
- That is why there are quotes around the caption, because it isn't really him. No, do not remove it. --OuroborosCobra talk 20:15, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
I am not sure about that. If we allow dreams/visions of people to be cannon then what about the Prophet visions? Should we put Odo's photo on the prophet page and call him a prophet; because in Sisko's vision Odo was a prophet? I think this opens a whole an of worms. StoryMaster 20:16, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
- Did you read what I wrote? The quotes are there because it isn't really him. We are acknowledging that may not be what he looked like, that it was only how he appeared in a dream. If you would like, I will add that to the caption, but no, we are not removing the image. --OuroborosCobra talk 20:20, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
- I would also point you to Unnamed Prophets, where an entry on the one that appeared to look as Odo would in fact probably belong. --OuroborosCobra talk 20:23, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
The article says "10,000 years ago, Gint was the original author of the first aphorisms that would become the Rules of Acquisition." Where does this date come from?
I would guess that it is because in the episode Little Green Men, Nog says humans "went from being savages with a simple barter system to the leaders of a vast interstellar Federation in only five thousand years... It took us twice as long to establish the Ferengi Alliance." And Quark replies, "Five thousand... ten thousand... what's the difference?" Are we assuming that this means Gint lived approximately 10,000 years before 2372?--220.127.116.11 04:31, February 21, 2014 (UTC)
- It doesn't seem like an accurate assumption, because that quote is talking about the amount of time it took the Ferengi to evolve from savages to leaders of the Ferengi Alliance, NOT the amount of time that passed before the year 2372. Trek history (talk) 19:04, March 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Not to mention that the Ferengi might not have had Grand Naguses from the very beginning of their civilization when they were still as savage as humans were 5000 years ago. Assuming that's the only source for the 10000 years info, you're quite right.