Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ship on coverEdit
Does anyone know what the ship on the front is?
Someone suggested it is battlestar galactica upside down. But if I recall, the Enterprise doesn't even encounter any alien spaceships in this novel. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).
Russian name nitpickEdit
An anon added this:
- The name of Timofei Vasska is constructed incorrectly, as Vasska is a diminutive form of first name Vasiliy and cannot be a last name in the Russian language.
This is a nitpick. And for all we know, things have changed over the next few hundred years anyhow. -- sulfur 11:28, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
- I am sorry, I cannot agree. The name sounds absurd, I don't think you would call it a "nitpick" if it was an absurd English name. Also, the Soviet part of the novel is in the 1990s, so no, in 1990s in Russia you could not have a diminutive form of a first name as a last name. I would like to insist on leaving that note in the article.
- – Louigi Verona 12:08, December 6, 2010 (UTC)
- And what are we here to point out? Why shouldn't this be pointed out? I am sorry, I do not wish to start a fight over something like that, but I do not understand why this inter-cultural detail should not be pointed out. Other articles point out all kinds of things. I repeat - the name sounds absurd to Russian readers. Saying that it is a nitpick is really a lack of respect for culture you do not know. – Louigi Verona 08:45, December 8, 2010 (UTC)
- It might be noteworthy if the author or publisher stated that it was an error, but I don't think you're going to be able to find such evidence. I know several "absurd" sounding English language names that technically shouldn't exist. I'm sure it's the same in Russian or any other language.--31dot 11:14, December 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Very well, I withdraw my addition then. – Louigi Verona 14:17, December 9, 2010 (UTC)