Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Galor vs ConstellationEdit
Picard says that when the Stargazer encountered the Cardassian ship he lowered his shields as a sign of good faith, and that the Cardassians took advantage of that and attacked. Therefore it's unfair to say that a Galor "outclassed" a Constellation class starship, because we don't actually know how they would have matched in a *fair* fight. Nanodrip 10:27, 22 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- Damaged or not, the degree of which really wasn't made clear, Picard most likely would not have been running away at warp speed if he outclassed a Galor class, or whatever class it was he encountered. --Alan del Beccio 10:42, 22 Nov 2005 (UTC)
"They had taken out most of my weapons and damaged the impulse engines before I could regroup and run." is the exact quote from Picard. With damaged weapons, and on what was supposed to be a diplomatic mission, I am quite sure you would run away too. :) --Nanodrip 04:09, 27 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- There are also different classes of Galor class ships, including the "type-3" class encountered in the episode "Ensign Ro". It is very possible that the lower classes are weak enough to be defeated by a Constellation class starship, especially since this occured years before The Next Generation, when the Cardassian technology would be presumably improved. - Thot Prad 20:57, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
Who compiled those? They're totally in the wrong order! Is there a website that lists of their appearances? There seem to be a few missing. -- Ben Sisko 16:40, 5 April 2006 (UTC)
- Someone decided to arrange the appearances alphabetically (...). I re-arranged the appearances and brought them in chronological order (as it was before). But there's no appearance missing, all episodes with Galor class ships are listed here. --Jörg 16:57, 5 April 2006 (UTC)
It may just be me, but it seems that federation Runabouts have more power than these. They have 3 phaser arrays and torpedoes, while the galor has 4 phasers? something's wrong here. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- How powerful are the phaser on the Runabout? I am guessing class 4 or 5. The Galor class are more likely class 9 or 10. Makes an enormous difference. In addition, the photons on the Runabouts have never seemed to me to be as powerful as on a full fledged starship. --OuroborosCobra talk 15:35, 13 February 2007 (UTC)
- The real problem is that we have only seen the Galor class vessels using their phaser arrays, so we don't know whether or not they are armed with photon or plasma torpedo launches, since no canon source has provided this information. One would assume they do, but given Memory Alpha's canon policy, we cannot state it on this page. Despite this though, OuroborosCobra's points are equally valuable on the strength of the Galor's weaponry, as they seem to be extremely powerful in numerous battle scenes in DS9. - Thot Prad 20:57, 1 June 2007 (UTC)