"First Humans to be Assimilated"Edit
- Given the fact that Seven of Nine is aware of the events of Star Trek: First Contact. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
Various statements sources Edit
Where is the following stated?
- "Prior to the USS Enterprise-D's first encounter with the Borg, the Federation had knowledge of their existence based on encounters with species who had been affected by them"
There's no evidence I know of for this next statement - if Guinan told anyone in the Federation about the Borg before Q's stunt it isn't stated in "Q Who"
- "(such as the El-Aurians, whose homeworld was destroyed 90 years before). "
Lastly, where is this statement made?
- "However, such knowledge was not made public because information was too scarce and unconfirmed to hold briefings with Starfleet personnel. "
- It all sounds like speculation to me. Starfleet did, indeed, have knowledge about the Borg prior to 2365 (as evidenced by the NX-01's encounter with a few of them in 2153, a file on the Borg dated from what appears to be the 2290s, and of the Hansens' quest to study the Borg in the 2350s), but I don't think it was stated how they obtained that knowledge – in other words, I don't think it was specifically stated they acquired their knowledge from species affected by the Borg. The second piece sounds like speculation, as well. I could be wrong, though. -- From Andoria with Love 05:04, 8 May 2007 (UTC)