Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"First Humans to be Assimilated"Edit
- Given the fact that Seven of Nine is aware of the events of Star Trek: First Contact. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
Various statements sources Edit
Where is the following stated?
- "Prior to the USS Enterprise-D's first encounter with the Borg, the Federation had knowledge of their existence based on encounters with species who had been affected by them"
There's no evidence I know of for this next statement - if Guinan told anyone in the Federation about the Borg before Q's stunt it isn't stated in "Q Who"
- "(such as the El-Aurians, whose homeworld was destroyed 90 years before). "
Lastly, where is this statement made?
- "However, such knowledge was not made public because information was too scarce and unconfirmed to hold briefings with Starfleet personnel. "
- It all sounds like speculation to me. Starfleet did, indeed, have knowledge about the Borg prior to 2365 (as evidenced by the NX-01's encounter with a few of them in 2153, a file on the Borg dated from what appears to be the 2290s, and of the Hansens' quest to study the Borg in the 2350s), but I don't think it was stated how they obtained that knowledge – in other words, I don't think it was specifically stated they acquired their knowledge from species affected by the Borg. The second piece sounds like speculation, as well. I could be wrong, though. -- From Andoria with Love 05:04, 8 May 2007 (UTC)