Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Do they really say "Solentshire" in "The Killing Game"? "Devonshire" is archaic but one can forgive it as Americans not following modern British usage, but I've never heard the term "Solentshire" before! Any context to this? 18.104.22.168 16:32, 22 November 2006 (UTC)
- From the transcript (emphasis added):
- NEELIX: "There's no need to worry. I change my route every day, and I've become quite friendly with most of the Gestapo. They just love my strudel."
- RADIO: "A kind thank you to Jazzy McNulty and his Band. Now, the weather for today, September the twenty second, nineteen forty four. In London skies are grey, with a strong chance of afternoon rain. Temperatures will range from a low of fifty two degrees to a high of seventy one. The northern coast reports heavy rain, strong winds and ocean swells reaching four feet. Devon-shire, Hertford-shire and Solent-shire all report rain. It's currently fifty nine degrees in Dover with low fog across the Channel. Temperatures are expected to range from a low of forty five degrees to a high of sixty three. I am Reginald Smith and you are listening."
- TORRES: "Got it. Let's see the code key."
- Hope that helps. --OuroborosCobra talk 16:37, 22 November 2006 (UTC)
- Wow, that was clearly not written or reviewed by anyone with any knowledge of UK geography. the "northern coast"????????????? 22.214.171.124 09:27, 23 November 2006 (UTC)
- Don't forget that radio report contained codes for the resistance during the French occupation, so it is not necessary an error. - Philoust123 11:54, 24 November 2006 (UTC)
- The Official Star Trek Fact Files says the name is Sonnenshire. Either way, it's a fake name. As the Nazis knew enough about Britain to know it was a fake name it would foolishly draw their attention to a possible code word.
- See in-depth discussion at Janet's Star Trek Voyager Site: Personal Log entry for this story, also has county map and discusses the other bloopers in the code message. -<unsigned>
Hi. I live in Hull (East England) and can assure you there is no county (state) called solentshire. We do have staffordshire, suffolk, shropshire. I am from Yorkshire.