I just made a date correction, but there is a bit more that needs work in here. I may tend to it when I have time. Aholland 04:58, 11 March 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for the update! --Alan del Beccio 06:08, 11 March 2006 (UTC)
Star Trek Star Charts - The Complete atlas of Star Trek possible typo Edit
Thank you to whoever made this entry. It cleared up a problem that I saw with the Star Trek Star Charts book by Geoffrey Mandel. On page 66 showing the Romulan Star Empire and the neutral zone between it and the Federation, the Earth Outposts are given and establishment date of 2060. I thought that that would be a little hard concidering that Earth did not achieve warp until 2063. If anyone has further information on this matter, I would like to hear it.
Never mind, I misread a few things. --Gemberkoekje 13:12, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
- The 2060 reference in STSC "Earth Outposts (Established 2060)" can easily be considered as an unintentional typo error on page 66, as there is a legend "Romulan Neutral Zone (Established 2160)" on page 67, the 2160 year is coherent with the line "you will note beyond our vessel a line of Earth outpost stations. Constructed on asteroids, they monitor the Neutral Zone established by treaty after the Earth-Romulan conflict a century ago." from TOS: "Balance of Terror". I just saw that the 2060 reference is present in most background articles about those outposts, could someone check and update the whole articles. The Cold Station 12 shows us that Earth is able to construct facilities on asteroids in or before the 2150s.
- For the 24th references in the article, it seems that there are no references to "Earth" outpost, I rather found a "Federation outpost" reference, which could reflect that Earth transmitted the supervision of those facilities to the Federation (like many other Earth things supervised by Federation after the 2260s).
- STSC presents series of outpost lines around the Neutral Zone in that order : "Starbase 23", "Quebec Outposts" I to VI, "Romeo Outposts" I to III, "Sierra Outposts I to VII" (Starbase 39-Sierra between outpost II and III), "Tango Outposts" I to IV, "Earth Outposts" 1 to 23.
- - From Cardassia with pain 18:00, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
The connection between the number of outposts and the designation "Outpost 23" is unclear. No source explains the outposts' numbering scheme; it could mean the overall 23rd outpost built or represent that at least 23 outposts existed at the time – or something else.