Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The EM-34 replaced the EM-33 (mentioned in "Terra Nova") and there is no explaination of that, instead it just say phase pistol replaced it. Overall it just need some all around TLC. --Gvsualan 19:35, 22 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- What's TLC ? -- Q 14:57, 15 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Removed as speculation.
- Some confusion exists as to the exact meaning of the initials "EM". The most natural answer would be "electromagnetic" (considering how often EM comes up in technobabble), however some fans have speculated that "EM" might actually refer to "Earth Military".
- Still more confusion lies in exactly how the EM weapon functions. Sound effects in "Broken Bow" seemed to include a metallic impact sound when the EM-33 was fired, perhaps indicating that the EM-33 fired a solid charged-projectile (similar to a photon torpedo). Fans have also speculated that the pistols fired small electromagnetic pockets of ionized gas.--31dot 14:03, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
use by MACOsEdit
In "United," the MACOs' sidearms are explicitly referred to as "phase pistols," and can be set to both stun and kill. Despite the fact that the model is the same, this wouldn't exactly be the first time they used the same model for a different weapon (or ship, or communicator, or tricorder...) to save on production costs. I vote that the reference to MACOs using EM-33's be removed, and that a reference be added to the phase pistol article. -Angry Future Romulan 21:53, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Since no one has responded, I'm going to go ahead and take out the reference to the MACOs. -Angry Future Romulan 20:54, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
- The use of the EM-33 aboard the Fortunate may simply have been intended to show that the ship had been in space for so long that it had not yet taken on new equipment like the phase pistol.
as speculation. -Angry Future Romulan 17:09, May 5, 2010 (UTC)