Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
At the beginning of the episode, some medical data is seen on a viewscreen, Bashir then downloads said data onto a PADD. The text was taken from the Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy and slightly adapted to make it sound more Star Trek-like, including adding tricorder scans, a reference concerning Tellarites and replacing X-ray with "internal thorasic imaging". Here's what I was able to make out:
- A sensation of difficulty in breathing. Dyspnea, is a
- symptom, not a sign, except in certain cases (see:
- DATA, TELLARITE).
- Diagnosis and management of pulmonary disorders
- requires a history and physical examination, and
- usually internal thorasic imaging. Pulmonary function
- testing, tricorder analysis of blood gases, chemical
- or microbiologic interactions, and bronchial pos-
- XX variances are standard procedures.
- A sudden explosive expiratory maneuver that tends
- to clear material from the airways is a familiar but
- complex reflex. Differences among several sites from
- which cough stimuli can originate may result in varia-
- tion in the sounds and patterns of coughing. Cough
- can protect the lungs against aspiration and..." --Jörg 14:28, 2 December 2006 (UTC)