Title or Name Edit
Is it known if the word "duke" in this interaction between Kor and Ezri is indeed a title or could it as easily be a name?
- KOR: Do you remember breaking into the Duke's harem on Renavi?
- EZRI: How could I forget that? That is one of Curzon's favorite memories.
- The "the" in "the Duke" suggests to me it is a title; if it was a name they just would have said "Duke". Unless there's something about the episode I'm not remembering, though.--31dot 23:40, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
I'm not convinced there is any reason to believe its a title. But it is very likely its a way that individual was addressed. That still does not mean that you have to revert back my alteration on "the" duke of Renavi... since "a" duke implies that there could be more, which in the case of a title is highly unlikely. -- OvBacon(Talk) 05:19, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
- If the page also/only had reference to an Earth duke, then sure. Not certain if that makes sense since the title may not be equivalent on Renavi. --LauraCC (talk) 17:45, February 8, 2016 (UTC)
- I refer you to the note at Chirurgeon, where again the term in question is used in reference only to non-humans. --LauraCC (talk) 18:33, March 1, 2016 (UTC)
- No resolution yet. --LauraCC (talk) 18:15, June 28, 2016 (UTC)
- While both are true, the first example (emperor and empress) refer to the same title as used by multiple species, while both examples are apparently overlooking King and Queen. I'd only favor merging on account of them both being two stubbish articles, otherwise, we should look at this, which I was apparently part of, but I think Shran mistook what I said in that discussion. Sure they are both gender titles, but who cares about gender equity, lump them under the male title and forget about it, right? --Alan (talk) 02:35, August 1, 2016 (UTC)
- We split aunt and uncle, after all...if the person having a similar job has a (slightly) different name, that's where the difficulty lies, in making judgment calls as to how close is close enough to make it one thing. --LauraCC (talk) 15:46, July 7, 2017 (UTC)