Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From Talk:Unnamed Delta Vega animals Edit
- The following discussions originated at Talk:Unnamed Delta Vega animals
Actual names of animals Edit
Why is the Polarilla (which is the name of the animal) on a list of "unnamed" Delta Vega animals? --From Andoria with Love 08:13, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
- Citations for name of animal: CNet, TrekMovie, and the official site of the creature's designer. --From Andoria with Love 08:21, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
The "polarilla" is actually called a "Drakoulias" (after the film's music supervisor, George Drakoulias), while the "lobster monster" is called a "Hengrauggi". These were the names of the animals during production on the film. These are also the names they are given in the novelization (which used the script and production notes), the Rittenhouse trading cards, and the toys. --From Andoria with Love 04:05, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
I have confirmed from Anthony Pascale that these are indeed the official names of the animals. To quote Anthony:
- Those are the official names so they should be used. Playmates gets the names from CBS, who gets it from Paramount/Bad Robot... those are official names. I have known about it for a while, but now it is out.
So, there you have it. I'll move the information to the new articles shortly. --From Andoria with Love 07:26, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
Okay, so I've moved all edits related to either the drakoulias or the hengrauggi to their respective new pages. The edits that remain were made for both animals. Where should we put move these edits to? Or should we just delete the remainder of the edits? --From Andoria with Love 08:18, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Move it to one of the articles (your choice), and make note of that on the talk page of the other. That way, no edit history is lost, and a hypothetical merge would bring the complete history back together. -- Cid Highwind 11:15, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Roger that, will do. Thanks! :) --From Andoria with Love 21:11, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
Unnamed Delta Vega animal history Edit
Information on this animal was formerly located at Unnamed Delta Vega animals. The history for the majority of that article can be found in the history for Hengrauggi. You can view that page's history here. --From Andoria with Love 21:11, 14 June 2009 (UTC)