Use in other episodes Edit
ISTR one of Dr McCoy's lines in TOS that paraphrased Drake's equation, but don't know exactly which episode. I think he was speaking with Capt Kirk at the time. 188.8.131.52 05:41, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Perhaps this conversation from "Balance of Terror"?
- KIRK: I wish I were on a long sea voyage somewhere. Not too much deck tennis, no frantic dancing, and no responsibility. Why me? I look around that Bridge, and I see the men waiting for me to make the next move. And Bones, what if I'm wrong?
- MCCOY: Captain, I
- KIRK: No, I don't really expect an answer.
- MCCOY: But I've got one. Something I seldom say to a customer, Jim. In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more, only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk.
- – Cleanse ( talk | contribs ) 06:10, September 14, 2010 (UTC)