Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For what it is worth, IIRC, current US Army officer canidates are in the same paygrade as NCOs such as warant officers. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk)., 00:20, 23 February 2007
- for what it's worth warrant officers aren't NCOs (Non-commissioned Officers) they are warrant officers, there is a big distinction between the two, also sign your posts --Captain Chris 19:48, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
Almost all cadet systems have cadets in "enlisted grades" during their underclassmen years. All US Academy, ROTC and JROTC cadets serve in enlisted positions within the cadet organizations for their campus. 2nd years generally hold NCO positions, 3rd Years typically hold senior NCO positions and/or junior officer positions, and 4th years typically hold officer positions. Most cadet systems also have specific ranks. The USNA has ranks only for officer positions and non-officers by class, but with positional authority for the NCO positions; the USMA has cadet enlisted ranks as well as officer, as does Army ROTC. All JROTC units (NJROTC, AJROTC, AFJROTC, MCJROTC, and CGJROTC) and CAP have cadet enlisted grades. The following links show the various cadet rank insignia for real-world US Academies.
- Army Academy Ranks: http://usarmyinsigniahomepage.110mb.com/usma4.html
- Navy Academy Ranks: http://www.usna.org/handbook/index.html
- Air Force Academy ranks: http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/usafarank.shtml
There is no surprise that a starfleet cadet would be a Cadet Petty Officer or even Cadet Chief Petty Officer... It puts her as probably a 3rd year, an upperclassman. (This would be the appropriate level of cadet-rank for a cadet PO1 or CPO in JROTC, ROTC, or an Academy.) The boxed comment should be removed, or at least altered. We also know from Wesley Crusher's mishaps at the Academy that they do wear distinctive insignia by year, as with the USNA, so the NCO positions would likely be acting ranks.
– Akaramis 05:22, February 8, 2011 (UTC)