Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- It is not clear why Dax was barefoot at that point. Perhaps it is normal for his species to go with footwear, or perhaps he was simply off duty and getting changed at the time.
We really don't need "commentary," speculation or otherwise to explain why he is or is not wearing boots. The fact was, the boots in question were not his, and showing his bare feet were why-- in terms of storytelling. We don't need to justify that in the article.--Alan del Beccio 22:41, 19 March 2006 (UTC)
- I mean, as long as we are spculating, we could conceivably assume that he was in the bathroom and his species craps out their feet. that why he didn't have boots on -- if he had worn them into the bathroom they would have blocked the crap from coming out of his feet.
- Lets just say "he was barefoot at the time" -- Captain M.K.B. 01:28, 20 March 2006 (UTC)
- Ok, it was unnecessary speculation. The point I was getting at (in a very roundabout way) was that this is potentially an interesting example of an exception to the normal Stafleet uniform, caused by biology, rather than the usual cultural reasons (e.g. Worf's sash). But it's really not that important. Spatula 13:48, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
- Although some uniforms are specially made to adapt to certain different species' physiologies... A replicator could have made special shoes for Dax's particular shape of feet. --K. Shinohara 00:36, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
Isn't it odd that Dax (Crewman) has the same name as the Dax (symbiont)?? I don't know the species of Dax (Crewman) (if anyone does know anything about his species I'd be interested) but seems a bit of a coincidence that a name identical to a Trill symbiont born in the Caves of Mak'ala and kept secret from offworlders by Trill society! ---- In fact as have been ranting I think it more likely that the name may have been as a result of Dax (symbiont)'s interaction with other cultures for example there was a Klingon named Dax, son of Kang --T'vana of the house of Kor 11:41, March 20, 2011 (UTC)