Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- MA files from this episode (7) • MA remastered files from this episode (43)
- Template:Titles/Contagion yields Contagion (TNG 2x11)
For general discussion on this episode, visit the TNG forum at The Trek BBS.
- As seen behind Captain Varley the handrail appears to be painted green.
Also removed the following memorable scene, per MA:QUOTE:
(Geordi is shocked by engineering control panel)
(Data intentionally throws him halfway across the room.)
"Any answer would be mere speculation. This is yet another example of how our actions have random results."
"...Thanks, Data. I noticed."
- - Geordi and Data
--31dot 19:00, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Connection to another Star Trek Episode Edit
There is a plot similarity to an Animated Series (TAS) episode: "Practical Joker", as both episodes include computer malfunctions, and both have the Enterprise and a Romulan ship affected.
Thank you and best regards,
Kenneth Parker, Carrboro, NC
- We only note deliberate plot similarities between episodes, as many plot elements are similar. If you have evidence that these plots were either deliberately similar or said to be similar after the fact, such as a statement from a Trek staff member or reference book passage, then we can make some kind of note. 31dot (talk) 11:09, January 15, 2014 (UTC)
I removed the following uncited note:
- * Gene Roddenberry was not initially keen on the story, having written in the TNG bible that Federation technology was so advanced that there was no possibility of it ever malfunctioning, but Woods brought him round to the idea by explaining the idea of computer viruses and how they could bring even the most well-designed computer system to its knees.
Lake Louise Edit
Can anyone confirm that this is shown? Also, I'm wondering whether the note that though shown, TO city hall does not represent the real Canadian location, should be axed as speculation. --LauraCC (talk) 16:41, April 13, 2016 (UTC)