Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Caps in name?Edit
- To tell you the truth, I just followed the redlink from the episode page, which already had it in caps. -Angry Future Romulan 18:32, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Wouldn't the proper way to do it anyway be "Computer Center" "Operations Center"?--Terran Officer 18:48, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Y'know, I think I agree with that. It's the official title of a specific section, after all. In college I lived in "Moore Hall," not "Moore hall." -Angry Future Romulan 18:53, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
A "Hall" is different. At work, our computer center is called the "Operations room". -- sulfur 13:09, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I guess the question is, is it just a room with computers in it, or is "Computer Center" (or "Operations Center") the official title of that section of the starbase. I lean towards the latter, as "Computer Center" sounds somewhat official. I would probably change my mind if it were called the "Computer room", as that could just be a "room with computers in it," as opposed to "center with computers in it," which doesn't sound right. -Angry Future Romulan 15:19, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Operations Center certainly seems official enough to me as that's what they call the room where they...well operate the station from (much like the Bridge...), the point is, if the wording is used to describe a section on a station or starship, it seems to be that's what the name is, irregardless of what the real world practice is (otherwise, Memory Alpha has a lot of other stuff to change)--Terran Officer 17:57, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
Generalize or separate?Edit
The Shore Leave Planet had a computer center, and Spock's statement in "Beyond the Farthest Star" suggests they're to be found elsewhere. In other words, computer centers aren't just in Starfleet facilities so do we alter the article accordingly or create an article for non-Starfleet versions? I vote for the former--Archer4real (talk) 08:57, September 1, 2016 (UTC)