Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Copied from the "Trouble With Tribbles" talk page at the suggestion of another poster:
Code One vs Priority One Edit
see this site for entire transcript:
I quote the relevant portion here for reference:
- Kirk here.
- I'm picking up a sub-space distress call.
- Priority channel. It's from Space Station K-7.
- Go to warp factor six.
- Code one emergency. That's a disaster call.
This is a transcript site, not an actual script site (still trying to retrack that one down), but the transcripts are accurate.
First is mentioned a Priority CHANNEL, then a Code One emergency. Referring to a Code One emergency is a reference to both "Errand of Mercy" and "The Alternative Factor", both of which reference Code One in situations involving actual or imminent conflict.
It is true that they latter get sloppy and refer to "Priority One", but the Code One reference comes first, and is internally consistent with the other mentioned episodes.Capt Christopher Donovan 09:10, 9 June 2006 (UTC)
- That's the exact site I referred to when I reverted the edit. The fact of the matter is both Code One and Priority One are exactly the same, but the article is at Priority One Alert, as Priority One was the term most refenced in the episode. Then again, it was never referred to as "Priority One Alert", so the title of that article probably needs changing as well. In any case, Code One should probably be created as a redirect and Priority One as the main article based on our practice of using the more recent or most common terms. --From Andoria with Love 22:04, 9 June 2006 (UTC)
But which is the "most used" term? Priority One is used in ONE episode, while Code One is used in THREE...
Additionally, Code One is already on the board under "Starfleet Regulations", as I made sure it was in there a month or so ago...I should link to it. Capt Christopher Donovan 00:41, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
- Hmmm... very good points. In that case, I would recommend bring this up at Talk:Code One alert. --From Andoria with Love 04:29, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
This page mentions the events of "The Alternative Factor", however that episode uses the term 'Code Factor 1", which is already an article(and a link is at the top of this one) Is having the info in both places neccesary? 31dot 01:03, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
- The question isn't "is this redundant", but rather "is this relevant"? Lots of articles have the same information in them taken from the same episode because it's relevant to BOTH articles (like the information about a 100-year war between the Vulcans and Romulans being mentioned in BOTH history pages).Capt Christopher Donovan 07:25, 6 September 2007 (UTC)