Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
His own page Edit
As I said here, I don't think that unnamed characters should have their own pages. That said, if we're keeping this, the title should at least be shortened to something like "Chef (NX-01)". - Archduk3 10:01, May 12, 2010 (UTC)
- As I suggested on the Unnamed personnel page, this article could simply be changed to Chef with the current Chef article moved to cook (which is currently a redirect to chef) and a disambig link at the top of Chef. -- 31dot 10:21, May 12, 2010 (UTC)
- I support this suggestion. I would also suggest that only the word "chef" is highlighted in bold, without the quotation marks, at the top of the page. -- Defiant 10:30, May 12, 2010 (UTC)
While I'm not a chef, it's my understanding that chef and cook don't actually mean the same thing, so I don't think what 31dot suggested is a good idea, though I guess I could be wrong about it. As for the quotation marks, I say they should stay, since that is actually his title being used as a nickname. - Archduk3 22:18, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, we could also have a "Chef (occupation)" article. I was just trying to avoid a qualifier. But you are correct about differences between chefs and cooks. -- 31dot 00:37, July 14, 2010 (UTC)
Moving the Chef article for this, to me, is like moving Captain for this person. Chef is not his name, at best it's his nickname, at worst his title, but neither of those should usurp the actual article on the profession, which of course is the reason he was called Chef in the first place. - Archduk3 02:34, July 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I actually do not mind your original suggestion (to shorten this title of this article), but :) I think it would be OK for an article about a frequently mentioned character over its profession, as more people would likely be looking for the character. I don't think that's the case with the Saratoga captain, a one-off character. In that case Captain is not a nickname as it is with Chef. Again, though, "Chef (NX-01)" is good with me. -- 31dot 08:53, July 14, 2010 (UTC)
- How do we know that Chef wasn't his name?! Isn't that just an assumption? -- Defiant 09:48, July 14, 2010 (UTC)
You raise an interesting point Defiant. I have met some weirdly named people in real life, and since it seems the Star Trek universe is full of space hippies, I guess someone could have named their child Chef. In that case, I would still assume that he was named after the profession, since I'm sure his parents had the munchies when naming him. ;) - Archduk3 10:58, July 14, 2010 (UTC)