England v. the United KingdomEdit

It's something of an Americanism to refer to the UK as "England", it's pretty much like saying "North America = USA" while ignoring that big place up north with the snow. :-) Alex Peckover 00:19, Jun 5, 2004 (CEST)


Seems to me that the reference to the university than the city. That much seems to be affirmed, with the fact that the city reference talks more about the school than the city, and nearly duplicates Cambridge University. --Alan del Beccio 20:05, 20 April 2007 (UTC)

Correct NameEdit

The University is called "the University of Cambridge", not "Cambridge University". I do not know how to change this. The preceding unsigned comment was added by (talk).

Without knowing exactly - the title of this article is most likely based on what was used in the show and not what it's real name is. And we only use what was seen/heard on screen. — Morder 20:44, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
The simpler answer, of course, is that both are valid names: "The University of Cambridge (often Cambridge University)..." (from Wikipedia), the latter is what appears in the script. Otherwise a redirect can always be made: University of Cambridge. --Alan 20:49, 30 September 2008 (UTC)

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.