Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Would anyone be against me adding a quick background note stating that Dominic Keating will be starring in the film version of this? Or would that be a bit too much? --From Andoria with Love 07:55, 15 October 2007 (UTC)
- Hmm, my quick reaction is "cool, do it". My reaction after stopping and thinking is "no". This is mixing real world POV and in-universe too much. Remember that this isn't even an article about the new movie, it is an article about the poem. So, we have two levels of separation, wrong universe, and film adaptation of the subject rather than being the subject. I suppose if we were talking about a movie we had seen them show in Enterprise, and that movie starred a Trek actor, I might feel different, as there is only one separation, universe, but this is two. In my head, that is too much.
- I'll finish by saying that I am not 100% opposed to the note, and if others want it added, I won't kick a fuss or anything, but I don't feel that it belongs. Kind of like how (as far as I know) our Shakespeare articles don't mention Patrick Stewart and his roles. --OuroborosCobra talk 08:02, 15 October 2007 (UTC)
- A better notation for Dominic Keating's bio page. Although we do have rather strange "background" information on some pages (the italicized, indented stuff), I'm certainly not in favor of expanding something I find questionable to begin with.Hossrex 08:05, 15 October 2007 (UTC)
It's already on Keating's page. ;) Just thought I'd bring it up, though. --From Andoria with Love 10:15, 15 October 2007 (UTC)
- Especially since the page title is "Beowulf (poem)"... perhaps create something along the lines of "Beowulf (film)", or "Beowulf (video)" (whichever is preferred), and start a wiki page for those numerous entries. Especially since there was a Beowulf Voyager episode, it would seem a reasonable MA page. Just my opinion. :)Hossrex 10:18, 15 October 2007 (UTC)
- As you've been told elsewhere, we do not create articles for non-Trek productions.--OuroborosCobra talk 10:25, 15 October 2007 (UTC)
- "As you've been told elsewhere". Heh... well, that made me check another page I'd forgotten to check today. Okay. Thats fine. I can totally accept all of that. It would however be nice however if it wasn't assumed that all contributors here are familiar with every rule (regardless of how often you might be here, it wouldn't be a wiki without people who can't be around 24/7), or that any transgression (or in my case... unmade, and simply announced transgressions) along such lines weren't met with... well... anyway... I'm sure I'm just reading all of this wrong. :) I'm sure you all had smiles on your faces, and the best of nicest intentions in your hearts. So thats the position from which I'm going to operate.Hossrex 10:39, 15 October 2007 (UTC)