Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Just wondering. Is there any point to this page? I mean, were they not referring to the Benzites in that episode?--Pr1983 08:04, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- In the episode they distinctly said Benzenite, not Benzite. It's possible the writers goofed and misspelled it, but since that's what was said in canon, that's what we use.--31dot 11:24, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
i know what they said :p i was just wondering if there's any protocol for dealing with writer idiocy, really.--Pr1983 05:20, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- No. These things just happen. — Morder 05:22, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- The only thing we could do is post a statement from one of the writers that it was a mistake, or however they explain it, if such a statement exists.--31dot 07:54, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- The statement about the breathing tubes makes it sound like the writer probably meant to say Benzite, but the fact that the guy went to the Academy with Sisko suggests he was not a Benzite, since Mordock was the first Benzite in Starfleet (if we ignore Mendon). Really it's just two signs that the writer did not do any research. Lee Wilson 22:38, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
- I've just discovered this, quoted from someone else (re Benzenites): "the 1997 version of the Encyclopedia states on page 41 is an alternate name given to Benzites, inhabitants of the planet Benzar. Mendon from A Matter of Honor(TNG) and Laporin from Apocalypse Rising are both mentioned in the entry as being Benzites/Benzenites."
- I don't recall canon policy regarding the encyclopaedia clearing up messes in the show, but this certainly seems to. Is this grounds to merge the two pages? Lee Wilson 22:43, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
- They shouldn't be merged, but the information could be mentioned on both pages, if accurate.--31dot 23:51, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
- This information is accurate and I have added notes accordingly. According to the Encyclopedia, "Benzites are sometimes called Benzenites." However, I'd oppose a merge at this stage. Like the Tarellians/Terellians/Terrelians/Terrellians/Tyrellians (I love typing that out ;-) we have species with similar names but contradicting info. I think in this case the writers dodged a bullet.– Cleanse ( talk | contribs ) 01:03, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
Benzites do not have breathing tubes attached to their heads. Some of them wore a special respirator on their chests. 22.214.171.124 16:56, December 2, 2014 (UTC)