Here are the four pages of Picard's last voice log on the USS Stargazer and a transcript of what can be read (nearly everything):
- Stardate 40217.3
- USS Stargazer on routine survey mission near the Maxia Zeta star
- system. Initial scans indicate twelve planets, none habitable. The third
- and fourth are in Maxia Zeta's habitable zone and may therefore be
- candidates for terraforming. Our science teams are preparing for a
- full survey and sensor scan.
- We have found an unidentified spacecraft near one of the moons
- of Maxia Zeta IV. Indications are that the craft may have been
- launched from that moon although our scans have indicated no
- launch complex or other support facility. We are attempting to hail
- the craft but as yet, there have been no replies.
- We are under attack by an unidentified starcraft. XXX attempts
- to warn it off have failed. I fear that we have no choice but to defend
- We are forced to abandon our starship. May she find her way
- without us.
--Jörg 16:04, 4 May 2007 (UTC)
The stardate of 40217.3 was seen on screen so it is canon, no matter how unfitting the date is. The discrepancy can be noted in italics in a background section but the main part of the article should only reflect what was seen on screen, 40217.3. --Jörg 18:05, 3 October 2007 (UTC)
- That look ok now with it in the background? Sorry about the trouble. – leandar 18:11, 3 October 2007 (UTC)
Looks okay that way. --Jörg 18:15, 3 October 2007 (UTC)