Not to sound annoying or anal, but is the following note really necessary?
- The Ba'ku goat was played by an uncredited Earth goat.
For one thing, we have countless animal appearances without knowing the specific name of the animal performer. Take the iguana that played spot, or the chicken in "Up The Long Ladder", etc. We don't have notes like this for them. In addition, this isn't even an article about that goat, it is an article about an entire species. --OuroborosCobra talk 23:12, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
- Wow, someone made a funny. How clever. I might suggest loosening up the belt there once and a while, kiddo. You might pop, or worse yet, a hair might fall out of place. --Alan 12:39, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
You know, I am really starting to resent personal attacks from two admins. I didn't catch the joke, it just did not occurr to me that there was a joke here. I did not see a joke. Instead of attacking me for pointing out what I thought was an inconsistencies, you both could have politely told me of the joke. Fuck off guys. --OuroborosCobra talk 07:44, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
- I was polite! Well, except for the jokey "annoying and anal" bit which I forgot to put a winky-face after, but hey... better late than never! ;) Or not... :/ But, yeah, the bit was meant to be humorous. --From Andoria with Love 08:10, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
Well it wasn't, and you know from the IRC discussion that I already took Alan's response as a near personal attack, and that I simply had not found this to be funny. Once Alan informed me (suchas his method was), I dropped the whole thing here, then two days later you respond with this. No, sorry, not amused anymore, and the lack of care doesn't amuse me either. Admins should be better than the rest of us at following policies, not flaunt them whenever they want, but more and more I am seeing the latter here. --OuroborosCobra talk 08:15, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
- Well, yeah, it was the conversation at IRC that brought me here. I just thought I'd add what I thought was a funny comment in reply to your line at the top "Not to sound annoying or anal, but is the following note really necessary?" and then show you a time when you implemented the policy, because I was under the impression you were against the line's inclusion. That was it. No attack was intended. --From Andoria with Love 08:24, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
- If they're going to be merged, an "unnamed Ba'ku animals" would be far better, -- sulfur (talk) 20:05, December 14, 2016 (UTC)
- Also relevant to this are Ba'ku pterodactyl, Ba'ku turtle, and Ba'ku kolibri. I agree they shouldn't be pages of their own, btw, though I personally lean towards just having them at unnamed nonhumanoids. Note that a bunch of the animals are just one of a group of animal pictures in a book. Figuring out what earth animal they look like and then having a long page with sections for each with the single line "a Ba'ku x was seen in a book" seems like overkill. -- Capricorn (talk) 09:32, December 16, 2016 (UTC)