Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
the line about the ships being limited to half impulse seems odd, especially given that when we first see the ship it obviously crossed insterstellar space at least once (and not in the hundred plus years you'd need at impulse). plus there are mentions of warp drive later in the article. so which is correct, 'half impulse' or full warp abilities? (i'm guessing the 'half impulse' referance was a line from 'Ensign Ro', but IIRC, that would have been referring to a heavily damaged ship, not one in perfect condition. - Mithril 02:31, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
- This is accurate according to TNG: "Ensign Ro":
- Female voice: "Acknowledged, Captain. Be advised that our ship is limited to half impulse..."
- So that much is correct. Understanding the line about the vessel possessing a "warp plasma conduit" refers to several variables we do not possess full knowledge of, including potential upgrades, and whether those components can be used in non-warp-capable vessels. --Alan del Beccio 02:37, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
Which really says little about the performance of the ship. the ship could have been damaged, in bad repair, ect. plus since the enterprise clearly expected to bring them to another star system, it really implies that even though limited to 'half impulse' at sublight, it had at least limited FTL ability. (especially given that it would need a warp drive to travel between the stars in service with the bajoran terrorists, who hit several different systems, IIRC) -Mithril 04:29, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
- "...the enterprise clearly expected to bring them to another star system." That's not true at all, the ship was being escorted from the third moon of Valo I to the refugee camp on Valo III. That's still within the same system.
- Then of course, the clincher, Picard's statement: "Orta's ships are old and obsolete. They do not have warp capabilities. They could not have reached another star system let alone attack one." --Alan del Beccio 04:47, 24 February 2007 (UTC)