Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Problem with bginfoEdit
Another "Background Information" section which makes false, irrelevant, and unacceptable references. Genuflecting before an altar is not limited to one denomination of Christianity.
- Which is exactly why it says she may be Catholic. That and she was in a Church with a crucifix on the wall... --From Andoria with Love 20:04, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
- A chapel is not a church. And what altar? --18.104.22.168 00:30, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
different or not and why ? Edit
why say Angela martine is the same character "lisa" ? Actor frank da vinci is seen in blueshirt like "brent" and in redshirt like "vinci" ; he is separate, why not characters martine and lisa ? C-IMZADI-4 20:23, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
Alternate reality Angela? Edit
- I actually took the time to look at the article and it states:
It was about that time that Pegg and Jung would end their day by watching an episode of the original Trek TV series. "We would try to bolster the authenticity of our universe with details from the original series," said Pegg.
After watching the "Corbomite Maneuver" episode, for example, the screenwriters were inspired to reuse Kirk's ship-wide message to his entire crew: "There is no such thing as the unknown, only things temporarily hidden." From "Balance of Terror," they used names of two crew members (Tomlinson and Martine) as characters who are killed by Krall.
- I read that as "we took names as homages to throw a bone to hard core Trekkies." -- sulfur (talk) 17:30, September 15, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes. It was poorly written in the addition, and poorly formatted on both articles (Tomlinson's too). I've rewritten it to try to match what's actually in the article, and to format it better. -- sulfur (talk) 17:36, September 15, 2016 (UTC)
- This misses the original question though: if there were two characters in Beyond with those names, they should indeed get character pages of their own (at least once you can confirm they were indeed in the movie, not cut or something - credits ought to be useful here). Also, I personally don't think the article wording implies they aren't counterparts. -- Capricorn (talk) 17:44, September 15, 2016 (UTC)
As long as they're not radically different from the TOS crewmembers, i.e. one of them being an Andorian, why shouldn't they be assumed to actually be the same individuals in the AR? --LauraCC (talk) 17:46, September 15, 2016 (UTC)
- Chandra vs Nensi Chandra. Homage or same person?
- Regardless, let's try to IDENTIFY these people in the movie, and then we can take it from there. -- sulfur (talk) 17:55, September 15, 2016 (UTC)