"The Voyage Home" was filmed not in Alameda, CA, but at Long Beach. The carrier you see is the USS Ranger. To actually see the USS Enterprise (CVN-65), see "The Hunt For Red October."
Summary of Changes Edit
This is a list of changes made to this page.
- 1.) Added a sentence where the base was located in the Yellow Pages.
- 2.) In 1986, its location in the East Bay was labeled on a MUNI system map. Added link for East Bay to Wikipedia.
- 3.) In that year, the aircraft carrier, USS Enterprise (CVN-65) was docked at this base. Changed to, In that year, two aircraft carriers, including the USS Enterprise (CVN-65), were docked at this base. In the film, a second unnamed carrier is visible astern of the Enterprise.
- 4.) Later that year, Pavel Chekov and Uhura were assigned by James T. Kirk to obtain uranium from a reactor of a nuclear vessel. Changed to, Later that year, Pavel Chekov and Uhura were assigned by James T. Kirk to collect high energy photons emitted by uranium in a naval ship's nuclear reactor.
- 5) The uranium would be used to recrystallize the dilithium on the HMS Bounty. Changed to, The photons would be used for recrystalling the HMS Bounty's dilithium crystals.
- 6.) The pair traced the uranium to this base, and eventually obtained the uranium from the number 4 main machine room of the Enterprise. Changed to, Upon finding a source for the photons in the main machine rooms of the Enterprise, they raided the ship at night for the photons.
- 7.) Added a sentence about Chekov being transferred to Mercy Hospital.
- 8.) Added a picture showing Enterprise.
- 9.) Added a background note on where the shots of the Enterprise were filmed.Lakenheath72 (talk) 02:23, February 13, 2015 (UTC)