Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- MA files from this episode (19)
- Template:Titles/A Night in Sickbay yields A Night in Sickbay (ENT 2x05)
For general discussion on this episode, visit the ENT forum at The Trek BBS.
Nature of the episodeEdit
I put "nature" in the topic because I didn't want to seem like I was bashing it, but I was really wondering if there was a point to it. It seemed almost like the writers were trying to allude to something and never quite figured out what; the entire episode came off as awkward for me. Is there some explanation for what (if anything) they were getting at? If so, we should put it in the background section. --Broik 21:16, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
- It was basically one of the old "a boy and his dog" tales with an alien doctor and a potential romantic involvement with a Vulcan woman thrown in. I think the ep was supposed to hint towards the beginnings of a romance between Archer and T'Pol, which of course was derailed when T'Pol ended up with Trip. Basically, it's an episode where Archer has to come to terms with his own pride (in apologizing to the Kreetassans), his feelings for T'Pol (and lack of sex), and, of course, his friendship for his loyal pal, Porthos, and the thought that he might lose him. Mostly, though, it deals with the budding friendship and respect developing between Archer and Phlox. --From Andoria with Love 22:09, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
Hey, during A Night in Sick Bay Archer and Tpol go into an exorcise room on Enterprise. When they first enter the room there is this large round thing in the room. I just wanted to know what it was. Thanks. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- If I remember the episode right, what you are talking about is a form of gyroscope. If you Google "riding a gyroscope," it should bring up what you are looking for. Also, in the future, questions about specific episodes/characters/things/etc should be brought up on the article's talk page, such as "Talk:A Night in Sickbay (episode)". Thanks!! ---- Willie LLAP 18:03, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
- Also, you can see Trip using it about 20 minutes into 2x10, Vanishing Point. Izkata 03:11, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Phlox performs an underwater operation to replace Porthos' pituitary gland with that of a Calrissian chameleon. Lando Calrissian is the name of a prominent character in the Star Wars universe.
Can go back if a citation can be found proving the name was a deliberate reference.--31dot 08:33, July 30, 2010 (UTC)
Agony Booth Edit
Is the excerpt from that website actually notable enough to be quoted at-length in this article? Or was it added just as a part of the ENT-hater bandwagon? – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).