Rigel VII IncidentEdit
- "While commanding the landing party, Pike enters an abandoned fortress and fights a Rigelian Kaylar warrior. The landing party's ambush leads to seven injuries, and three deaths"
=> Do we really know what happened exactly ? To my mind, the whole landing party enter the fortress, where they were trapped by many Kaylars. Otherwise, it would be silly :
1. If Pike was the only one to enter the fortress, then the others were outside, not a good place for a trap (see the picture). They can see Kaylars coming from very far and shoot with their lasers before Kaylars arrive at contact.
2. Even 1 Kaylar couldn't have killed 3 Starfleet officers (with lasers) and injure 7 others.
3. To my mind, the illusion created by the Talosians 'eliminated' the landing party's presence, in order to let Pike be the only one to protect Vina. They put only one fighter against him, otherwise he wouldn't have any chance. - Philoust123 23:52, 1 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Pike said it was happening exactly like it was in the event, except for Vina. you are assuming that the crew is nearby. Pike may have gone on his own where he was attacked. --TOSrules 23:57, 1 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Indeed, TOSrules' version is similar to the (non-canon) story told in the Star Trek: Early Voyages comic book -- the landing party was invited to relax with the Kaylars at another location, where they are ambushed, with two killed. a Rigellian woman invited Pike to the castle. He fought the Kaylar, only to find the woman murdered his yeoman, who was trying to regain contact with the ship.