Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I removed the following text:
- 2007 marked the 50th anniversary of the "space age" on Earth, which began with the first artificial satellite, Sputnik, launched in 1957.
There's no citation, and this really isn't a canon event. It's just an arbitrary anniversary of a canon event. -- Renegade54 03:16, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
- I think that we should put in 2006 that it was the 49th anniversary of that event! :) -- Sulfur 03:22, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
Heh... my point exactly! -- Renegade54 03:25, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
- Not unless they were named in Trek. Since they weren't they don't. Besides, going from year to year making single mentions of meteor showers that happen EVERY year doesn't make any sense even from an accuracy standpoint. The Perseid meteor shower (as opposed to the Augrid meteor shower) happens every year. --OuroborosCobra talk 20:41, 1 September 2007 (UTC)
- Please actually read what I said. Were they mentioned in Star Trek? No. Since they were not, they are not canon, and therefore have no place in a canon database, which is what Memory Alpha is. Therefore, they do not get a mention on Memory Alpha. --OuroborosCobra talk 03:25, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
- Stuff like that would probably be best placed over at Wikipedia. We don't really compete with them on non-Star Trek items.--Tim Thomason 03:32, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
- Then make them go in depth. It is exactly the type of thing they are there for. --OuroborosCobra talk 03:44, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
- To create a page, yes you need an account (easy to get). They probably have the necessary page up there somewhere. If not, you could navigate their help pages to try to submit your ideas. This talk page isn't really the best place for troubleshooting Wikipedia hints.--Tim Thomason 04:17, 2 September 2007 (UTC)