(written from a Production point of view)
|No. of episodes:||176 (2 feature-length)|
|No. of discs:||49|
|Region 1 release date:||2 October 2007|
|Region 2 release date:||24 September 2007|
|Region 4 release date:||13 December 2007|
|Reference:||ASIN B000RZIGVS (region 1)|
ASIN B000RWDXDW (region 2 UK)
ASIN B000U0ZGLS (region 2 Germany)
EAN: 9324915071797 (region 4 Australia)
Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Complete Series is a DVD box-set of all 7 seasons of TNG, released in 2007 to coincide with the series' 20th Anniversary. It contains all the original discs from the previous TNG individual season box-set releases, plus a brand new bonus disc. It was released on Regions 1, 2 and 4.
This was the third time the entire series was packaged together in one DVD box-set. The first was the Region 2 exclusive Borg Mega Cube in 2003. The second was the Seasons 1-7 boxset, which was released on Region 1 and 2 in 2004.
The episodes on the discs, and their arrangement among them, are identical to the TNG season box-sets (including the Best Buy exclusive discs). There is also an additional disc for more special features.
Please refer to the following pages for the first 48 discs' episode arrangement.
- TNG Season 1 DVD
- TNG Season 2 DVD
- TNG Season 3 DVD
- TNG Season 4 DVD
- TNG Season 5 DVD
- TNG Season 6 DVD
- TNG Season 7 DVD
The bonus disc includes the following special features, of which only the first three are especially made for this release, whereas the others are taken from discs as previously released:
- "The Next Generation's Impact: 20 Years Later" (27 minutes, directed by Stephen R. Wolcott, hosted by John de Lancie)
- "The Next Generation's Legacy: 2007" (26 minutes, directed by Stephen R. Wolcott)
- "Star Trek Visual Effects Magic: A Roundtable Discussion" (25 minutes, directed by Stephen R. Wolcott)
- Select Historical Data I
- Inside the Star Trek Archives
- Intergalactic Guest Stars
- Alien Speak
- Select Historical Data II
- Inside Starfleet Academy Archives: Sets and Props
- Special Profiles
- Dressing the Future
| || |
- The Region 1, 2 and 4 releases feature identical packaging and contents.
- The 49 DVDs are spread across three sets of double-sided green disc trays stacked together, and joined by an adhesive strip down one edge of each stack. This differs from the other versions of TNG's complete series box-sets in that it does not group each season together separately. The three sets of DVD stacks are encased in a cardboard tray and plastic slip cover. A small folded information sheet is included with trivia and season information. A full episode breakdown is not included, but the episode titles are printed on the discs. Booklets from previous releases of the individual seasons are not included.
- Despite reassurances at the start of the project by CBS Consumer Products to the contrary that none of the available extra material would be left out, none of the special features especially produced for this DVD release on the extra disc are included on any of the Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray releases of the 2012-2014 remastering project. 
- The DVD Boxset has made an interaction with a Star Trek parody and pop culture production. In television sitcom The Big Bang Theory (Season 6 Episode 7: "The Habitation Configuration"), a set was seen given by the empathetically challenged principal character Sheldon Cooper to his girlfriend (who despises Star Trek) as a peace offering.
- The Next Generation's Impact: 20 Years Later at the Internet Movie Database
- The Next Generation's Legacy: 2007 at the Internet Movie Database
- Star Trek Visual Effects Magic: A Roundtable Discussion at the Internet Movie Database
- TNG Complete Series Boxset review at IGN.com
Star Trek: Fan Collective - Captain's Log
|Star Trek: The Next Generation|
TOS Season 1 HD DVD
|Previous series release:|
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Seasons 1-7