(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 2016 is a short story anthology – the eleventh in the Strange New Worlds series – edited by an uncredited editor. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in eBook format in October 2016.
The anthology collected selected stories from the 2016 Strange New Worlds writing contest for amateur authors.
- From the book jacket
- From the ordinary to the extraordinary, here are ten all-new fan-created stories embraced by the vision of Star Trek®! When Gene Roddenberry first created this landmark television series fifty years ago, he also tapped a wellspring of human imagination. Viewers were immediately transformed, and over the decades turned the very definition of "fan" on its ear. However, when what was on the screen was simply not enough, fans started writing their own stories...
- In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, here are the electrifying results of the 2016 Strange New Worlds writing contest – the best fan-created stories by new writers such as: Derek Tyler Attico, Neil Bryant, Chris Chaplin, John Coffren, Nancy Debretsion, Kelli Fitzpatrick, Roger McCoy, Kristen McQuinn, Gary Piserchio & Frank Tagader, and Michael Turner.
- By the fans, and for the fans. Boldly going where no one has gone before.
Star Trek: The Original Series Edit
- "Dilithium Is a Girl's Best Friend", by Neil Bryant
Star Trek: The Next GenerationEdit
- "A Christmas Qarol", by Gary Piserchio & Frank Tagader
- "The Sunwalkers", by Kelli Fitzpatrick
- "The Seen and Unseen", by Chris Chaplin
Star Trek: Deep Space NineEdit
- "The Façade of Fate", by Michael Turner
- "The Manhunt Pool", by Nancy Debretsion
- "The Dreamer and the Dream", by Derek Tyler Attico
Star Trek: Voyager Edit
- "The Last Refuge", by Roger McCoy
- "Life Among the Post-Industrial Barbarians", by John Coffren
- "Upon the Brink of Remembrance", by Kristen McQuinn
Background information Edit
- The contest announcement indicated that fan artwork would be solicited for the anthology, but the final cover art was created by Doug Drexler. 
- The announced "first place" winners were Kerry F. Booth and James Corrigan; their stories – presumably based on The Original Series – were not published as part of the anthology. Instead, they were awarded publishing packages for non-Star Trek books. 
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Strange New Worlds 10||Star Trek: Strange New Worlds||Final anthology in series|