(written from a Production point of view)
Stellar Cartography: The Starfleet Reference Library is a licensed reference book and map set, written from an in-universe perspective by Larry Nemecek, and produced by becker&mayer! and 47North. Artists Allie Ries and Ian Fullwood contributed illustrations for nine of the poster-size maps, which are meant to represent the most popular maps requested by the public and scholars from the Memory Alpha archival collections in 2386. Artist Geoffrey Mandel contributed and consulted on the set's final poster map.
The maps are all based upon Mandel's Star Trek: Star Charts layout details published in 2002, but include titles from different historical eras, and from various non-Federation cultures. The Reference Library includes several updates and omissions to the 2002 set, including coverage of the 3rd and 4th seasons of Star Trek: Enterprise, such as the Delphic Expanse, and the prime-universe aspects of J.J. Abrams' 2009 Star Trek – with the subspace shock wave destruction of Romulus a late inclusion. For the first time anywhere, this set also lays out a cohesive spatial explanation and strategy behind the Dominion War.
- Publisher's description
- The Starfleet Reference Library: Stellar Cartography collects together ten original, never-before-seen large-format maps of the Star Trek universe. Pulled from the cartography archives of Starfleet Academy, these beautifully reproduced maps provide a rare opportunity to view the expanse of Federation space (and beyond) through the multiple lenses of the Galaxy's key players.
- The maps include an ancient Vulcan map, a Klingon Empire map from the pre-Organian Peace Treaty era (in the native Klingon), an official Romulan government map of the Empire, a native Cardassian Union map from the Bajor occupation, along with Federation maps from the modern era. Housed in a handsome clamshell case and paired with a fully-illustrated reference book providing detailed information on planets, systems, and topography, this exclusive collection showcases the Star Trek universe like never before.
- Product Features:
- A tri-fold clamshell case
- 48-page 8" × 10" hardcover book
- Ten 24" × 36" removable maps