Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek was the second film directed by J.J. Abrams on which Sonnenfeld and his Company 3 team have worked; they previously provided digital intermediate on Abrams' Mission: Impossible III in 2006. Sonnefeld also worked on the 2008 blockbuster Cloverfield, which was produced by Abrams and Bryan Burk through their Bad Robot banner. In addition, Star Trek was the third film Sonnenfeld worked on that had Dan Mindel directing the photography, after Mission: Impossible III and 2005's Domino. Star Trek was also Sonnenfeld's third film project edited by Maryann Brandon; Mission: Impossible III and 2007's The Jane Austen Book Club were the first two.
Additionally, Star Trek was the third movie Sonnenfeld has worked on that was written by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci; the first two were the Michael Bay films The Island (2005, featuring Ethan Phillips and Noa Tishby) and Transformers (2007, featuring W. Morgan Sheppard and Glenn Morshower). Additionally, Sonnenfeld worked on 2008's Eagle Eye, which Kurtzman and Orci executive produced.
Sonnefeld's other credits for Company 3 include:
- The Cell (2000), featuring Musetta Vander;
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003), Dead Man's Chest (2006), and At World's End (2007), all featuring Lee Arenberg (with the first film featuring Zoe Saldana);
- Collateral (2004), featuring Bruce McGill;
- The Amityville Horror (2005), starring Jimmy Bennett and Rachel Nichols;
- Invincible (2006), featuring Kevin Conway and Jack Kehler;
- Gridiron Gang (2006) and The Game Plan (2007), both starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (the latter featuring Gordon Clapp);
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006), featuring Cyia Batten, Diora Baird, Tim de Zarn, Terrence Evans, and narrated by John Larroquette;
- Deja Vu (2006) and National Treasure: Book of Secrets (2007), both featuring Bruce Greenwood;
- 300 (2006), featuring Stephen McHattie and Peter Mensah;
- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006), starring Kelsey Grammer, Famke Janssen, and Patrick Stewart;
- The Hitcher (2007), starring Neal McDonough;
- Rush Hour 3 (2007), featuring Tzi Ma; and
- War (2007), featuring Saul Rubinek;
Sonnenfeld has also worked on acclaimed films such as Man on Fire (2004) and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007). Some of the upcoming film projects for which he is providing digital intermediate include the 2009 remake of Friday the 13th (which will feature Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's Nana Visitor), Michael Mann's Public Enemies (featuring Spencer Garrett), G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (starring the aforementioned Rachel Nichols), and the highly-anticipated adaptation of DC Comics' Watchmen (starring Matt Frewer, Stephen McHattie, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan).