Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
This page contains information regarding the upcoming film, and thus may contain spoilers.
- Memory Alpha contains spoilers to released material only. No information about this film can be added until Paramount or an identified studio source discuss information with a press outlet, such as a news service. Because Memory Alpha does not want to include unconfirmed data, please use the talk page to suggest or explain an addition to this article, only if it has a citation that could be referenced here.
|Star Trek XIV|
|Release date: 2019|
|←||14th of 13 Star Trek films|
|←||743rd of 729 released in all|
J.D. Payne & Patrick McKay
J.J. Abrams, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, Lindsey Weber
On 18 July 2016, it was announced that J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay will return to write the fourth film in the current series, and that the plot will have James T. Kirk crossing paths with his father George, played again by Chris Hemsworth (reprising the role from Star Trek). 
After the death of Pavel Chekov actor Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg commented, "It's very difficult to talk about the future at the moment because there would be such a gaping hole in it all." He personally does not want to see the role of Pavel Chekov recast.  J.J. Abrams concurred, "There's no recasting. I can't possibly imagine that, and I think Anton deserves better." When asked if they would kill off the character, he replied he had thought about it, but it was too soon to discuss.  The remaining main cast is expected to return.
Kirk actor Chris Pine has stated that, for the fourth film in the current series, he would like it to be "a slower film." Pine added, "That'd be kind of fun. Kirk and team land on a planet and go explore. It's just not going to happen. But it would be fun to make the Merchant Ivory version, a slow, talky film." When asked if he would be interested in doing a time travel comedy similar to Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, he responded, "Pushing the boundaries would certainly be fun and I love doing comedy. If Simon's behind it... The most fun I have on set is laughing so anytime we can do that I'm way, way into it.'" (SFX, issue 276, p. 55)
It has been indicated the film will be released in 2019. 
Links and references Edit
- Chris Pine as James T. Kirk
- Zachary Quinto as Spock
- Zoe Saldana as Nyota Uhura
- Simon Pegg as Montgomery Scott
- Karl Urban as Leonard McCoy
- John Cho as Hikaru Sulu
- Chris Hemsworth as George Kirk
- Based upon Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- J.J. Abrams - Producer
- David Ellison - Executive Producer
- Dana Goldberg - Executive Producer
- Patrick McKay - Writer
- J.D. Payne - Writer
- Lindsey Weber - Producer
- Star Trek XIV at Memory Beta, the wiki for licensed Star Trek works
- Star Trek XIV at Wikipedia
- Star Trek XIV at the Internet Movie Database
| Previous film:|
Star Trek Beyond
|Star Trek films|| Next film:|
Not yet announced