(written from a Production point of view)
- This story features additional or alternate dialogue in some "scenes" compared to the movie's final script, possibly from an early draft version. In other cases, dialogue from the scripted movie has been left out.
- Kirk makes a reference to Carol Marcus in this story.
- Adapted by: Peter David
- Editor: Robert Greenberger
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in DC TOS characters.
- James T. Kirk
- USS Enterprise-A captain.
- Vulcan Starfleet captain serving as Enterprise-A executive officer and science officer.
- Leonard McCoy
- Enterprise-A chief medical officer.
- Communications commander assigned to Enterprise-A.
- Montgomery Scott
- Engineering captain assigned to Enterprise-A.
- Hikaru Sulu
- Enterprise-A helmsman.
- Pavel Chekov
- Enterprise-A security commander.
- Spock's Vulcan half-brother; leader of the Galactic Army of Light.
- One of Sybok's converts and followers.
- Klingon captain of a Bird-of-Prey.
- Klaa's first officer.
- Klingon general and Consul assigned to Nimbus III.
- St. John Talbot
- Federation dignitary assigned to Nimbus III.
- Caithlin Dar
- Romulan dignitary assigned to Nimbus III.
- Sha Ka Ree entity
- Malevolent being inhabiting a planet inside the Great Barrier at the center of the galaxy.
- Starfleet admiral.
- David McCoy
- Leonard McCoy's father. Seen in flashback. Not specifically named in this story.
- Spock's Vulcan father. Seen in flashback.
- Spock's Human mother. Seen in flashback.
- Sybok's followers
- Denizens of Nimbus III
- George Samuel Kirk
- Kirk's brother. Appears in Kirk's mental recollection.
bath; brig; camping out; "Camptown Races"; commercial; consul; Earth; Eden; El Capitan; Enterprise-A, USS; Excelsior, USS; Galactic Army of Light; galactic core; Galileo; God (Sha Ka Ree); Great Barrier; Iowa; jet boots; kellicam; Klingons; Klingon Bird-of-Prey; Marcus, Carol; marshmallow; Milky Way Galaxy; "Moon over Rigel VII"; Mount Rushmore National Memorial; Neutral Zone Treaty; Nimbus III inhabitants; Nimbus III; orbital shuttle; "Pack Up Your Troubles"; Paradise City; Paradise Inn; Pioneer 10; pool; Priority 7; Qui'Tu; Rigel VII; Romulans; Romulan ale; Romulan language; "Row, Row, Row Your Boat"; scotch whiskey; Sha Ka Ree; sing-along; southern baked beans; Starfleet Command; Starfleet Operations; termite; waste extraction; Tennessee whiskey; type 6 shuttlecraft; Valhalla; Vorta Vor; Vulcan; Vulcan lute; Vulcans; Yosemite National Park
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home||DC TOS volume 1||Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country|