(written from a Production point of view)
Issue 54 of Star Trek Monthly was the July 1999 issue, a 100-page special edition to mark the ending of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. A German-language edition was, otherwise unedited, released the subsequent month as issue 9 of Star Trek: Das offizielle monatliche Magazin.
- First Contact
- Darryl Curtis on the end of Deep Space Nine.
- The Best of All Worlds
- Deep Space Nine – journey's end.
- Will Voyager return home next season?
- Jeri Ryan in TV Guide.
- The Official UK Star Trek Fan Club update.
- In Brief...: Voyager praised for its positive social message, Majel Barrett expresses reservations about DS9's war arc, the next Star Trek film?, the future for DS9's sets, Viacom to produce a sci-fi cable network?, screensavers.
- VOY: "Warhead", "Equinox".
- DS9: "Extreme Measures", "The Dogs of War", "What You Leave Behind"; Ronald D. Moore's regular column.
- What You Leave Behind
- Ian Spelling on a behind-the-scenes look at the filming of the final episode.
- What They Wouldn't Leave Behind – the cast and crew on what mementos they would take from the set.
- Final Direction – Allan Kroeker on directing the finale.
- Avery Brooks, by Mike Thomas.
- Rene Auberjonois, by Ian Spelling.
- Nana Visitor, by Ian Spelling.
- Michael Dorn, by Ian Spelling.
- All interviews by Ian Spelling.
- Alexander Siddig
- Nicole de Boer
- Armin Shimerman
- Colm Meaney
- A Simple Investigation
- Stoddard Hayes looks at the issues that were central to Deep Space Nine.
- A Season by Season Overview – the story arcs of the seven-year run.
- Not on the List – Common Star Trek themes that rarely feature on the series.
- Also Starring... – a list of the recurring characters.
- A Fistful of Data
- Deep Space Nine salute.
- Julian Bashir's reappearing combadge in "Inquisition", quantum torpedoes, Klingon life spans, drinking on duty, Galaxy-class in the Dominion War, lack of shields in battle.
- Marc Alaimo, by Ian Spelling.
- Casey Biggs, by Ian Spelling.
- Jeffrey Combs, by Lou Anders.
- Louise Fletcher, by Ian Spelling.
- Robert O'Reilly, by Eric Frederickson.
- J.G. Hertzler, by Lou Anders.
- Interview – John Eaves – "Far Beyond the Drawing Board"
- Featuring artwork Eaves provided for the Incredible Tales covers in "Far Beyond the Stars".
- From the Replicator
- UK Update: Klaus Davis jackets, Playmates.
- Australasia Update: Birth of the Federation.
- US Update: Playmates, chromium prints, Tribble keychains, Franklin Mint.
- Read Out: Joe Nazzaro talks to John Ordover and Michael Jan Friedman about the Double Helix novel series.
- On Screen: The Next Generation rerelease volumes 2.6 & 2.7, Deep Space Nine volumes 7.6 & 7.7, Voyager volumes 5.6 & 5.7; interview with Martin Rayner.
- Next Issue
- A Star Trek novel from a random selection.
|Issue 53||Star Trek Monthly|
Issue 54 – July 1999