Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
Issue 54 of Star Trek Monthly was the July 1999 issue, a 100-page special edition to mark the ending of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. A German-language edition was, otherwise unedited, released the subsequent month as issue 9 of Star Trek: Das offizielle monatliche Magazin.
- First Contact
- Darryl Curtis on the end of Deep Space Nine.
- The Best of All Worlds
- Deep Space Nine - journey's end.
- Will Voyager return home next season?
- Jeri Ryan in TV Guide.
- The Official UK Star Trek Fan Club update.
- In Brief...: Voyager praised for its positive social message, Majel Barrett expresses reservations about DS9's war arc, the next Star Trek film?, the future for DS9's sets, Viacom to produce a sci-fi cable network?, screensavers.
- VOY: "Warhead", "Equinox".
- DS9: "Extreme Measures", "The Dogs of War", "What You Leave Behind"; Ronald D. Moore's regular column.
- What You Leave Behind
- Ian Spelling on a behind-the-scenes look at the filming of the final episode.
- What They Wouldn't Leave Behind - the cast and crew on what mementos they would take from the set.
- Final Direction - Allan Kroeker on directing the finale.
- Avery Brooks, by Mike Thomas.
- Rene Auberjonois, by Ian Spelling.
- Nana Visitor, by Ian Spelling.
- Michael Dorn, by Ian Spelling.
- All interviews by Ian Spelling.
- Alexander Siddig
- Nicole de Boer
- Armin Shimerman
- Colm Meaney
- A Simple Investigation
- Stoddard Hayes looks at the issues that were central to Deep Space Nine.
- A Season by Season Overview - the story arcs of the seven-year run.
- Not on the List - Common Star Trek themes that rarely feature on the series.
- Also Starring... - a list of the recurring characters.
- A Fistful of Data
- Deep Space Nine salute.
- Julian Bashir's reappearing combadge in "Inquisition", quantum torpedoes, Klingon life spans, drinking on duty, Galaxy-class in the Dominion War, lack of shields in battle.
- Marc Alaimo, by Ian Spelling.
- Casey Biggs, by Ian Spelling.
- Jeffrey Combs, by Lou Anders.
- Louise Fletcher, by Ian Spelling.
- Robert O'Reilly, by Eric Frederickson.
- J.G. Hertzler, by Lou Anders.
- Interview - John Eaves - "Far Beyond the Drawing Board"
- Featuring artwork Eaves provided for the Incredible Tales covers in "Far Beyond the Stars".
- From the Replicator
- UK Update: Klaus Davis jackets, Playmates.
- Australasia Update: Birth of the Federation.
- US Update: Playmates, chromium prints, Tribble keychains, Franklin Mint.
- Read Out: Joe Nazzaro talks to John Ordover and Michael Jan Friedman about the Double Helix novel series.
- On Screen: The Next Generation rerelease volumes 2.6 & 2.7, Deep Space Nine volumes 7.6 & 7.7, Voyager volumes 5.6 & 5.7; interview with Martin Rayner.
- Next Issue
- A Star Trek novel from a random selection.
|Issue 53||Star Trek Monthly|
Issue 54 - July 1999