Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek Klingon Edition Monopoly is a game produced by USAopoly and released in November 2011. It is the fourth of four Star Trek-themed Monopoly editions thus far produced by the company, and was produced in two editions: a "Collectors' Edition" base version, and a "Limited Edition" version limited to 1701 copies that included a miniature replica of Chancellor Gorkon's bone cane from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. The Big Bang Theory episode "The Boyfriend Complexity" predicted it as part of a joke in November 2010.
Like the previous "Continuum Edition" version of the game, the layout of the board is updated to match that of the current release version of the standard Monopoly set, with the lowest-valued properties being colored brown instead of purple, the "Tax" spaces now having flat 200 and 100 amounts instead of the old "10% or 200" and "75" amounts, respectively.
Game Specific ElementsEdit
The game plays exactly the same as the original Monopoly game, but the elements of the game are all based on the various facets of the Klingon race as seen in the "Prime Universe" of Star Trek:
- Most of the game text is reflected in both English and Klingonese, both phonetically and in Klingon script. (Note: Although not considered "official", the box insert includes a guide to the glyphs used as Klingon lettering and the matching sounds as per Marc Okrand's developed language.)
- The playing pieces are small, pewter recreations of key Klingon icons: a bat'leth, a Klingon Bird-of-Prey, a captain's chair from a Klingon bridge, a D'k tahg, a Klingon disruptor, and the High Court gavel used by Klingon magistrates (as seen in ENT: "Judgment" and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country).
- The "Properties" are now different alien worlds seen in various Star Trek eras, which you are attempting to "conquer" in the name of the Klingon Empire. The Railroads have been replaced by various classes of Klingon ships: the Raptor-class, the Negh'Var-class, the Vor'cha-class, and the K't'inga-class. The Utilities have been replaced by the Rura Penthe Mines and the Praxis Energy Facility.
- The money is designed to represent different levels of Klingon Forces, and each denomination depicts a bust of Kahless.
- The houses and hotels are renamed Outposts (small yellow dome-like structures) and Capitals (small red replicas of the Great Hall in the First City on Qo'noS).
- The Chance and Community Chest cards are now "Combat" and "Honor" cards, respectively.