(written from a Production point of view)
The Star Trek slot machine is a video slot machine created by WMS Industries in 2008 under license from CBS Studios. The machine prominently features the characters from Star Trek: The Original Series as well as the starship USS Enterprise. Footage and stills are taken from the remastered version of the series.
Players create a username and select a character to represent themselves when starting play, and can select between Captain Kirk, Spock, Uhura, Hikaru Sulu, Doctor McCoy, and Scotty. There are several games to select based on famous episodes of the series, such as "The Trouble with Tribbles" and "Bread and Circuses". Bonus games awarded during play include a "Red Alert Bonus" involving the destruction of Klingon D7 class battle cruisers, and "Tribble Pinball," among others. An integrated seat provides surround sound and force feedback.
The slot machine features patented technology referred to as "adaptive gaming" which allows players to save their accomplishments, collect medals, and unlock bonus rounds during gameplay. When the player cashes out, he or she is given a ticket with a bar code. This ticket can later be used to restart one's saved game.
Rumors had it that an online version of the Star Trek slot would be available on the Internet. It was, according to startrekslot.com (now defunct), supposed to be a part of a deal between Partnerlogic and Paramount.
Casinos with the Star Trek slot machineEdit
- Fremont (Las Vegas, NV) as of December 18, 2010
- Las Vegas Hilton (Las Vegas, NV) as of August 08, 2010
- Luxor (Las Vegas, NV) as of December 18, 2010
- The Palazzo (Las Vegas, NV) as of December 5th, 2013
- Spirit Mountain (Grand Ronde, OR) as of May 16, 2010
- Wynn Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) as of March 28, 2011
- The Venetian (Las Vegas, NV) as of December 5th, 2013
- Harrah's (Reno, NV) as of October 18, 2013
- Turtle Creek (Traverse City, MI) as of 2012
- Soaring Eagle (Mount Pleasant, MI) as of 2012
- Star Trek: Battlestations - WMS Industries' 2011 sequel