(written from a Production point of view)
|Region 1 cover|
|Season:||One & Two|
|No. of episodes:||22|
|No. of discs:||4|
|Region 1 release date:||21 November 2006|
|Region 2 release date:||4 December 2006|
23 March 2009 (re-released)
|Region 4 release date:||11 January 2007|
|Subtitles:||English, Spanish, Portuguese (region 1)|
German, English, Danish, Finnish, Dutch, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, French (region 2)
|Reference:||ASIN B000HEWEJ4 (region 1)|
ASIN B000J3EG62 (region 2)
ASIN B001R65FMY (region 2 re-release)
ASIN B000JGW83W (region 2, German)
|Region 2 slimline cover|
Star Trek: The Animated Series – The Animated Adventures of Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek is a DVD collection containing all twenty-two of the TAS episodes which were broadcast during the series' run. The original release came in identical, hard plastic case packaging for both region 1 and 2. The region 2 re-release of 2009 was packaged in a standard snap case.
- Text commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda on "Yesteryear", "The Eye of the Beholder" and "The Counter-Clock Incident"
- Audio commentary by David Gerrold on "More Tribbles, More Troubles" and "Bem", and by David Wise on "How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth"
- Storyboard gallery on "The Infinite Vulcan"
- "Drawn to the Final Frontier: The Making of Star Trek: The Animated Series", a behind the scenes look with the writers and animators of the show
- "What's the Star Trek Connection?", a look at how the Animated Series ties into the various live action series
- A history of the show
- Animated Trek: Real or Not? (booklet article)
| The Original Series • The Animated Series • Star Trek films • The Next Generation • Deep Space Nine • Voyager • Enterprise |
Star Trek: Fan Collective
Some of the special features of this DVD were done by Andy Mangels who, for several years, did special features for other DVDs. He reflected, "When Paramount did the TAS series on DVD, I proposed to do the special features. They passed, but I did end up providing a lot of material they used for their set and documentary." 
CBS remastered the series in 1080p HD for this release. While the series has not yet seen an HD release, the episode More Tribbles, More Troubles has been released in full 1080p HD on the Star Trek: Season 2 Remastered Blu-Ray set. However the NTSC DVD's themselves feature the episodes in Enhanced-Definition 480p/24p.
The release artwork on the DVDs feature main characters of the series, in animated form:
Incongruously, one section of the booklet refers once to Spock as "Dr. Spock".
Cover gallery Edit
Star Trek: Fan Collective - Klingon
|Star Trek: The Animated Series|
Star Trek: Fan Collective - Captain's Log